Sunday, May 21, 2006

Rohan Shah (1982 - 2006)

The words in the title can be written on the gravestone of my bachelorhood, which has 3 days of life remaining. Somehow, there is no feeling of getting nervous or overexcited-ness in me as of now, despite this being my first marriage. Let me see how things change in the days to come.

My home is now pretty much stuffed with people. There is more noise inside my house then there is outside arjun singh's house at the moment. Just By the way I hate him for doing this reservation act. He should have known better than this. Now the meritorious candidates in prestigious institutes would be even less in number as the hair on arjun singh's head. He needs to apply thanda thanda cool cool navaratan tel on his head and rethink reservations. That would indeed be favorable for the student's community and his hair.

Back to my home, people are expecting me to somehow look darned smart in the function and thus I am being chucked into the men's beauty parlor every now and then. The person their subjects me to some real smelling thing he calls bleach cream and then all sorts of facial stuff and I hate him for doing this 3rd degree torture to me. By the way, due to this I realized what it feels like to my readers in reading my posts.


And then I was informed today that there is ceremony tomorrow at my place where several females from our society and castes and all have been invited to apply haldi and kesar and other such yellow stuff to me. They call it nilhane ki rasam. Now that's what I am really afraid of. Till today the exclusive rights to give rohan baby a bath were with my mom, and mausi and … okay that's it. But now a whole parliament full of ladies can claim to have given me a bath… that's disgusting yaar, seriously… And I really don't know whether I would look fairer after coming alive out of this rasam but I will sure look yellower.

I think all this ritis and riwaaz have been written by some frustrated gentlemen trying to take revenge with the present and future world spending their last time in agra's mental asylum. One of the riwaaz is that my lady-dearest's bro would pull my ears during some ceremony, So what that I have already set a deal out with him but not everybody can. .. frankly speaking I would have preferred a Christian style marriage for more than one reasons.

Well, if you really force me to point out something good about what's going on here then I would say I love the sheer spirit. There are so many people all enthu about the whole thing and willing to take responsibility of arrangements doing stuff, spending quality jolly time together. I think its really worthwhile to be a part of such masti, not at the cost of your own marriage though…

7 comments:

  1. Arre miyaan, abhi se kyun ro rahe ho..abhi to saari zindagi baaki hai.. ;))

    Tussi shaadi kar rahe ho..meri aur ek dost ka last week engagement ho gaya..hmm...things looking pretty glum...jald kuch karna hoga.

    And, oh yes, before I forget,

    CONGRATULATIONS !! :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. well u looked smart..i confirmed this from Rt and all the other beauties young and old..:-)

    and btw i thought we all were getting a break from ur posts..Kidding..:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Arre Yaar Zindagi mein Ek hi baar to aisa Ritual Hota Hai! Enjoy Karo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Belv me! the Christian style of wedding is sooo boring.. They jst luk all romantic in movies... I find North Indian hindu marriages very interesting.. to watch i.e... hehe

    All the best on the demise of ur bachelorhood days.. All my sentiments r with ur lady-dearest ;)...

    Enjy ur nilhane ki rasam to the fullest..

    :)

    ..Me

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey all, m still alive... in bombay .... had a great marraige and trip ...lots to write .. so post coming soon..

    @ sekhar : yaar jaldi mat karo... take ur time... dont jump in the ocean before u r ready with the life saving equipment

    @ anusha : smart! what a miserly use of adjectives... that too for a groom... mmmm.... damn

    @ vivekanand : arey acha hai ek baar hi hota hai... khair u will realize bettter in ur own wedding

    @ rose : in that case we should have the liberty to selectively choose b/w alll styles of marraiges... and i neednt say which part guyz will choose from the christatin wedding... and yes i enjoyed the bath,

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous11:25 AM

    U R BACK!!
    good to know u r having a Gr8 time....

    So u r all ready to attack us with new posts?!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ xpressions : yes m back.. new post already arrived...

    ReplyDelete