Thursday, March 23, 2006

My life this week.....

The biggest challenge in my life for the past week has been drinking protinex milk, consuming bayer's solution (and not vomiting thereafter) and eating threptin biscuits regulary for reasons I cant totally disclose. I would only say this much (for I am loyal to my audience) that my near and dear one(s) want me to grow up (read: out) fast...... unfortunately for me diametrically so.....

I would bypass the mystery and simply jump into the challenge. For one, Its tough to wake up 8 in the morning for 8.30 office and arrange for a hot cuppa milk in a room where there less water to drink then 50 kms into sahara and where kitchen platform is used to keep shoepolish and brush. So the next option is to arrange for the milk in an office canteen. But its not easy as it sounds... At 24, I might pretty young by my office-colleagues standards but not young enough to carry a protinex box like a kiddo through the middle of the office towards the canteen. I avoid being the cynosure of all eyes and give people their daily dose of gossip. Moreover the nosey canteen wala pries into everything one does there and I want to avoid questions that hit my sense of adult self-esteem for a home run.

I have tried quite a few dumb things over the past few days like ... but I took this job as a challenge. So, sample this piece of creativity, I took some protinex powder, wrapped in a paper paper, ayurvedic medicine style. Took it in my pocket and answered the expected question from the canteen wala that its a ayurvedic medicine. You might think that there is hardly any creativity here to jump and shout about but considering the kind of pressure I was under, it was stupidly tremendous feat. Its like taking a catch inches away from the boundary on the last ball of the over when the bating team needs a couple to win. And guess what, I am going to do an encore for some days (months) to come....

Regarding bayer's solution and threptin, yes its sore... its easier for sourav ganguly to face shoaib akhtar then for me to consume a teaspoon full of a medicine. I hate doctors, medicine and hospitals you see, but then I just gulp it down my deep intestine trying to avoid my tongues ordeal altogether....

So much for my near and dear one(s). Yes, they are demanding at times and they do ask you to things you dislike, "for-your-own-good" (they tend to forget that good is a relative word and the definition varies from person to person) and take away your freedom but then , Freedom is being free from your likes and dislikes and love is to keep 'em happy at all cost and means.

This post is my tribute to them,

Burrrrrpppppppppp. Excuse me,,,

Cheers,,,,

2 comments:

  1. mera kya hoga ?? pata nahi naye coll mein subha nashta bhi denge ki nahi ???

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice one ro-ro, ab pata chala tu itna dubla patla kyun hai .... ???

    ReplyDelete